Fredericksburg is a village in Salt Creek Township in Wayne County, Ohio. The village was platted in 1824 by Jacob Frederick, and named for him.
As of the census of 2010, there were 423 people, 177 households, and 116 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,244.1 inhabitants per square mile. There were 192 housing units at an average density of 564.7 per square mile. The median age in the village was 33.8 years. 24.1% of residents were under the age of 18; 9% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.8% were from 25 to 44; 22.9% were from 45 to 64; and 15.1% were 65 years of age or older.
Fredericksburg is home to two large factories, Mrs. Miller’s Homemade Noodles and Robin Industries. Mrs. Miller’s Homemade Noodles produces various kinds of pasta, jams, and jellies for distribution throughout the United States. Robin Industries makes rubber and plastic parts for automobiles under contract for General Motors. Fredericksburg is also home to a hardware store and bank, two restaurants,, a grocery store, construction company, carpet store, library, three churches, and many other small businesses.
Fredericksburg is part of the Southeast Local School District in Wayne County. Public school students attend Fredericksburg Elementary from K to 6, and John R. Lea Middle School for grades 7 to 8, and Waynedale High School for grades 9 to 12.
The current schoolhouse was built in 1891 at a cost of $20,000, and served as the primary high school for the Salt Creek Local School District until the consolidation with Paint Local, and East Union Local School Districts in Wayne County, and Prairie Local School District in Holmes County combined to form the present day Southeast Local School District in 1955 upon completion of Waynedale High School. Fredericksburg High athletic teams were known as the “Freddies,” and won multiple championships in basketball and baseball in the now defunct Wayne County “B” League, despite being one of the smallest school’s competing.
The current building has been added onto multiple times: In 1923 a gym, auditorium and classroom space were added, in 1941 a Farm Shop was added to the west side of the building, in 1967 two rooms were added, and in 1989 with the addition of three more classrooms and two restrooms.